Join one of the nation’s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. Advocate Health is seeking a board-certified Pediatric Gastroenterologist to serve its patients at Advocate Children's Hospital in Park Ridge, IL.
You will be a collaborative partner within a team of outstanding multidisciplinary professionals while enjoying full support from nearly 120 pediatric and surgical subspecialists.
- 1.0 FTE
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- The primary site of clinical practice will be Advocate Children’s Hospital-Park Ridge, a 138-bed pediatric hospital with a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Medical/Surgical Unit, and a Pediatric Emergency Department.
- 29 patient facing hours + 3 hours of required GI meetings (As part of our program, we have a dedicated Friday morning meeting to review cases and talk about program or research development). A typical weekly clinic schedule includes 3 full days of clinic, 1 procedure day, and 1 admin day.
- Resident interaction
- Call schedule: approx. 13 wks per year of inpatient rounding call, no scheduled clinic time while rounding.
- Strong mentorship & support within the group
- Our ideal candidate is excited to help grow a GI division, works well with others, and is constantly open to learning.
- EPIC EMR
Training and/or experience required
- Board certification/board eligible
- Fellowship training
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- Education Assistance Program
- Pre-tax accounts for dependent care, health care and commuter benefit
- Leave-of-absence programs including: FMLA, Military Leave, Parental Leave, Personal Leave, VESSA Leave
About Advocate Children's Hospital
Advocate Children’s Hospital is the largest network provider of pediatric services in Illinois and among the top 10 in the nation.
Advocate Children’s Hospital is part of The Chicagoland Children’s Health Alliance (CCHA). CCHA is a partnership between UChicago Medicine Comer Children’s Hospital, Advocate Children’s Hospital, and NorthShore University HealthSystem. Peds GI is one of the 5 service lines partnered across CCHA. This partnership also enables us to strategically invest in our programs and services to ensure patients receive the most advanced, individualized treatments available.
About Park Ridge, IL
Park Ridge is a picturesque suburb located 14 miles northwest of downtown Chicago, convenient to O'Hare Airport, major expressways, CTA and Metra trains allowing for an easy commute into the city while enjoying peaceful suburban living.
Park Ridge is a prime residential community that retains its distinctive, small-town charm where “community” is a big part of this suburban town. The city’s vibrant Uptown shopping area includes the Metra station, Public Library and several parks featuring live musical concerts and special events are held in the summer. Throughout the city, quiet tree-lined streets, pleasing architecture, excellent schools, centrally located library and ample parks help make Park Ridge one of the most desirable family communities in the Chicago area.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the 5th largest nonprofit health care system in the United States. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across more than 500 sites of care in 27 hospitals. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our clinician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.