Advocate Aurora Health & Advocate Children’s Hospital is growing, and we seek experienced neonatologists for our Oak Lawn location.
Advocate Children’s Hospital is the largest network provider of pediatric services in the state of Illinois. Advocate Children’s Hospital – Oak Lawn is the primary site of care and our neonatologists will be expected to be credentialed at all our sites in IL. Our two Chicago metro area campuses are in Park Ridge, Illinois in the northwest and in Oak Lawn, Illinois in the southwest.
The NICU at Advocate Children’s Hospital – Oak Lawn features a level III NICU, has a licensed bed capacity of 61, average daily censes of 47, and the hospital does 4300 deliveries on an annual basis.
- Active Illinois license
- Board certified or board eligible
- Experienced Neonatologists that can start immediately upon credentialing
- This position is not J1 eligible
- Clinical involvement in various levels of daily inpatient care and consultations both inpatient and outpatient setting, which includes clinical collaboration and partnership with families, nursing, residents, pediatric subspecialty consultants, and ancillary staff
Quality improvement and patient safety:
- Regular review and analysis of clinical outcomes
- Participation in quality and patient safety initiatives
- Participation on hospital, departmental, and unit-based committees such as infection control, pharmacy & therapeutics, multidisciplinary QI meetings etc.
Education and teaching:
- Bedside teaching and lectures/presentations to include teaching of residents, nursing staff and/or students, and other health care professionals
- Active attendance at regularly scheduled educational activities such as system-wide and site Neonatal Journal Club, M&M, QI meetings, etc
Professional activities and citizenship:
- Onsite and offsite professional activities, which may include activities in local or state health departments, organizations such as the American Academy of Pediatrics, or in international professional programs
Professional growth and development:
- American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) including commitment to part 4 (practice outcomes analysis and quality assurance) completion and part 3 (examination) preparations and fulfillment
- Commitment to remain on the cutting edge of new ideas and technologies through an evidence-informed process of evaluation and introduction of new ideas
About Oak Lawn, Illinois
Oak Lawn, an attractive Village of nearly 56,000 residents and over 1,800 diverse businesses, has distinguished itself among Chicago’s leading southwest suburbs. Nestled in the center of Cook County, a distinctive “home town” essence flows through Oak Lawn; an unmatched quality evidenced through the community’s affable neighborhoods, dynamic business districts, well- maintained recreational areas and cultural vivacity.
The resources accessed within Oak Lawn are truly second-to-none. Exceptional educational opportunities are profound, as residents have a choice among a number of public and private school options and several higher education and continuing education institutions. Compassionate and quality healthcare is readily available through various established practices, along with the presence of Advocate Christ Medical Center and Advocate Children’s Hospital.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.