Join one of the nation’s most well-respected health systems, Advocate Health. Advocate Children’s Hospital is seeking a BC/BE Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon to serve patients in the Chicagoland area. Advocate Children’s Hospital is the largest network provider of pediatric services in Illinois and among the top 10 in the nation.
- Join 2 Surgeons and a robust clinical staff consisting of 2 APNS, 1 PA, 3 MAs and an RN
- Primary clinical practice site: Advocate Children’s Hospital-Oak Lawn, a 120+ bed pediatric hospital with a Level III NICU, PICU, and pediatric ED
- Job duties: See patients in outpatient clinics, perform surgeries, provide consults in the Pediatric Inpatient Units and Emergency Department, and share in Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery on-call coverage.
- Satellite clinic once per week in the western suburbs
- Multiple daVinci Xi robotic systems at the primary site
- Teaching and research opportunities
- High volume practice
- Major referral center
- All pediatric sub-specialists on site at the hospital
- Strong mentorship & support within the group
- EPIC EMR
- Scribe services available
Required training and/or experience
- Accredited fellowship training
- Board certified/eligible
What Advocate Health & Advocate Children’s Hospital offer
- Collaboration with 120 pediatric medical and surgical specialists
- Physician-led medical group with well-established pediatric service line leadership
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K and deferred compensation plans, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption and surrogacy assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pre-tax accounts for dependent care, health care, and commuter benefits
- Leave-of-absence programs, including FMLA, Military Leave, Parental Leave, Personal Leave, VESSA Leave
About Oak Lawn, IL
Oak Lawn, an attractive Village of nearly 56,000 residents and over 1,800 diverse businesses, has distinguished itself among Chicago’s leading southwest suburbs. Nestled in the center of Cook County, a distinctive “home town” essence flows through Oak Lawn; an unmatched quality evidenced through the community’s affable neighborhoods, dynamic business districts, well- maintained recreational areas and cultural vivacity.
The resources accessed within Oak Lawn are truly second-to-none. Exceptional educational opportunities are profound, as residents have a choice among a number of public and private school options and several higher education and continuing education institutions. Compassionate and quality healthcare is readily available through various established practices, along with the presence of Advocate Christ Medical Center and Advocate Children’s Hospital.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the 5th largest nonprofit health care system in the United States. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across more than 500 sites of care in 27 hospitals. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our clinician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.