Join one of the nation's largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. With supportive clinician leadership focused on Advocate Health as a Best Place to Care, we offer specialty specific councils, a physician-led compensation department, and strong business systems in place to promote work-life balance and reduce any barriers related to delivery of patient care.
Advocate is seeking Physiatrists to join our physician-led medical group and service it's patients and communities in Park Ridge, Illinois.
Join a robust team of expert Physiatrists and APCs and play a pivotal role in treating patients with disabilities secondary to a variety of conditions, including, but not limited to complex medical conditions, peripheral joint disease, spine and musculoskeletal disorders, acute and chronic neurologic diseases. Also provide general physical medicine and rehabilitation care.
- Highly supportive and respected practice consisting of 5 well-established Physiatrist and 5 5 APCs
- Partner with experienced multi-disciplinary team and enjoy outstanding support with dedicated staff
- Practice affords flexibility with inpatient and outpatient opportunities, as well as opportunity to support Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Shared weekend call to promote work/life balance (1:5)
- Full breadth of Physiatry with opportunity to explore your own area of clinical interest
- State-of-the-art equipment, including EMG Machine
- Well-established referral base at Hospitals, including Advocate Lutheran General Hospital and surrounding area hospitals
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center, 24/7 Full Services, 623-Bed Hospital
- Teaching hospital- 32 Fellows, 200 Residents and 900 Medical Students each year
- Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation (CARF accredited)
Training and/or experience required
- Completion of an accredited Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Program required
- Fellowship training welcome
- Illinois Licensed or ability to obtain
- Strong desire to advance the growth of an already successful program
- Collaborative and team player
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization with a physician-led medical group
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- Education Assistance Program
- Pre-tax accounts for dependent care, health care and commuter benefit
- Leave-of-absence programs including: FMLA, Military Leave, Parental Leave, Personal Leave, VESSA Leave
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.
About Park Ridge, Illinois
Park Ridge is a picturesque suburb located 14 miles northwest of downtown Chicago, convenient to O'Hare Airport, major expressways, CTA and Metra trains allowing for an easy commute into the city while enjoying peaceful suburban living.
Park Ridge is a prime residential community that retains its distinctive, small-town charm where “community” is a big part of this suburban town. The city’s vibrant Uptown shopping area includes the Metra station, Public Library and several parks featuring live musical concerts and special events are held in the summer. Throughout the city, quiet tree-lined streets, pleasing architecture, excellent schools, centrally located library and ample parks help make Park Ridge one of the most desirable family communities in the Chicago area.
Unique shops and a great selection of restaurants fill the Uptown area, where new buildings blend serenely with historic ones. The Uptown Park Ridge skyline is graced with cupolas, church spires and the 100-foot tower of the Art Deco Pickwick Theatre, which is on the National Register of Historic Places.
In addition to the Uptown shopping area, Park Ridge offers other shopping and dining convenient to every neighborhood, including South Park, Village Green, the Dee Park area bordering Oakton Ave. and the Higgins Corridor bordering Chicago.
Park Ridge hosts a variety of businesses from privately owned to major corporations and is home to Lutheran General Hospital, a Level 1 trauma center, teaching hospital and part of Advocate Aurora Health.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the third-largest nonprofit integrated health system in the United States. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Wisconsin. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care, with Wake Forest University School of Medicine serving as the academic core of the enterprise. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across 27 hospitals and more than 500 sites of care. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our physician-led medical group.