Advocate Aurora Health has a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic general surgeon to assist in establishing an acute general surgery team in our south region. Our hospitals are located just 45 minutes from Milwaukee and 1.5 hours from Chicago.
Education, training and/or experience required:
- Completion of an accredited general surgery residency program
- Skills and interest in broad spectrum of general and emergent general surgery cases
- Compassionate, patient centered physician with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative, supportive team player
- Facilities covered include the Aurora Medical Center - Kenosha, a 74-bed Level III community hospital as well as an outpatient surgery center in Pleasant Prairie; position will also cover our new hospital in Mount Pleasant during call shifts
- Collaborative group of 3 general surgeons in the call group and will also collaborate with the 2 surgeons at the Mount Pleasant facility
- Excellent staff includes APCs, RNs, and medical assistants
- Will provide surgical support for our emergent surgical patients and see follow ups
- Busy ED and full spectrum of specialists available
- Responsibilities include 10 to12 24-hour call shifts per month which will include two weekends a month Friday AM to Monday AM; you will not need to be in-house the full 24 hours
What Advocate Aurora Offers:
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
Get to know Kenosha, WI
A vibrant community nestled on the shore of Lake Michigan
Located in the southeastern corner of Wisconsin, Wisconsin is the midway between Milwaukee and Chicago and is known for its friendly people and one-of-a-kind places. The Lake Michigan shoreline is one of the most popular features, with nearly 90 percent publicly accessible via parks, beaches, festival places and a miles-long promenade.
A lively downtown district full of shopping, dining and the arts is located just steps from the lakeshore. Away from the shoreline, the Kenosha area is teeming with opportunities for fun! If it’s the great outdoors you seek, Kenosha’s western region delivers beautifully. Pristine Kenosha Area golf courses, tranquil inland lakes, hiking and biking trails, a ski and snowboard area, and so much more await you year-round.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the largest not-for-profit integrated health systems in the nation. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 includes 3600+ physicians and 1800+ Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.