Advocate Aurora Health has an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic general surgeon to join our acute general surgery team. The position is located at our only quaternary care facility, Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee.
Education, training and/or experience required:
- Completion of an accredited residency program
- Fellowship training is not required
- Patient centered with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Collegial, supportive group of four acute general surgeons
- Collaborative, supportive mentors
- Provide surgical support for our emergent surgical patients and provide follow ups
- Level II sees a wide variety of cases with a broad range of specialists available
- Shifts are 24 hours however physician will not have to be in-house the full 24 hours
- Schedule is Monday AM – Friday AM on service plus clinic/call weeks for a total of 22 weeks
- Advanced Practice Clinician available in post-op clinic to see patients
- Designated OR for emergent patients
- Opportunity for research and/or teaching
What Advocate Aurora offers:
- An integrated, supportive organization
- A patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care to all patients
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid occurrence-based medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
Get to know Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Wisconsin’s largest city
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums -- including an internationally designed lakefront art museum -- to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the largest not-for-profit integrated health systems in the nation. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our team of over 70,000 caregivers includes 3600+ physicians and 1800+ Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.