Join one of the nation’s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. Advocate Health is seeking a Breast Surgeon to join our physician-led medical group and serve its patients at Advocate Sherman Hospital in Elgin, IL.
- 1.0 FTE
- EPIC EMR
- You will have the opportunity to do 100% breast surgery
- General surgery group includes experienced, established partners who can share their expertise and provide excellent mentorship
Training and/or experience required:
- Completion of an accredited general surgery residency program
- Fellowship training in Breast Surgery
- Patient centered with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization with physician-led medical group and embedded service line
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Health, dental, vision, life and paid medical liability insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 3% employer match, in addition to a 3% company contribution for a total employer contribution of up to 6%
- Parental leave, adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Sherman Hospital
Advocate Sherman Hospital is an acute community hospital in Elgin that has provided high-quality care to Chicago's northwest suburbs since 1888. The hospital features a Level II Trauma Center; it sees more than 58,000 emergency room visits, delivers over 2,000 babies and performs more than 10,000 surgeries annually. Supported by four immediate care centers and 12 Advocate Medical Group sites, Advocate Sherman provides more than 308,000 outpatient visits per year.
About Elgin, IL
Elgin offers exceptional opportunities that include cultural arts, entertainment and recreation that are unmatched by surrounding suburbs. Located 38 miles northwest of Chicago and home to over 112,000 people, we are proud of our diversity and culture. The growing city has ready access to public transportation, diverse housing stock and a mix of commercial establishments. Residents and visitors enjoy a thriving cultural arts community, world-class parks, historical museums and over 100 places of worship.
Elgin has three different golf courses, dozens of parks, sports leagues, and biking trails to choose from. It also has its own zoo and museums that are open to the public. The Fox River Bike Trail offer more than 40 miles of guaranteed fun. It runs beside the scenic Fox River in Northern Illinois alongside historic railroad lines, crossing six bridges, and passing through nature preserves and charming towns.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the third-largest nonprofit integrated health system in the United States. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care, with Wake Forest University School of Medicine serving as the academic core of the enterprise. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across 27 hospitals and more than 500 sites of care. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our physician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.