Join one of the nation’s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. Advocate Health is seeking a board certified / board eligible Breast Surgeon to serve its patients at Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville, IL and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, IL
- 1.0 FTE
- 100% Breast Surgery
- Advocate Condell Medical Center and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- 50% Inpatient | 50% Outpatient
- Call is shared between two physicians
- 2 to 3 half days in clinic, (16 hour minimum). OR time as necessary to complete patient care
- Clinic hours usually consist of morning shift 8-1 and one afternoon shift 1-5
- EPIC EMR
Training and/or experience required
- Board certification/board eligible
- Breast Fellowship training
- Open to New Grads
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization with a physician-led medical group
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- Education Assistance Program
- Pre-tax accounts for dependent care, health care and commuter benefit
- Leave-of-absence programs including: FMLA, Military Leave, Parental Leave, Personal Leave, VESSA Leave
Advocate Condell Medical Center is the largest healthcare provider and only Level 1 Trauma Center in Lake County, Illinois. It was named one of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals and offers a full spectrum of medical services, including wound care, and is connected to a robust network of immediate care centers. It is home to Lake County’s first and only comprehensive Trauma Recovery Center and features an emergency department approved for pediatrics backed by the resources of Advocate Children’s Hospital.
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital is a leading health care provider in Chicago’s North and Northwest suburbs, offering a Level I Trauma Center, access to national clinical trials and advanced medical treatment in cardiology, cancer, neurosciences, orthopedics and women’s health. Named among the nation’s best hospitals by Newsweek and U.S. News & World Report, the hospital is on the leading edge of research and technology and is nationally accredited for its diagnostic and breast imaging services. Lutheran General has an 8,000- square-foot simulation training center and is a leader in graduate medical education, training nearly 1,000 students and 200 residents and fellows across 16 specialties each year. Located on the campus is Advocate Children’s Hospital, one of the largest providers of pediatric services in the state and nation.
About Libertyville, IL
The Village of Libertyville is located in south central Lake County, approximately 37 miles from Chicago and seven miles west of Lake Michigan. The Village is an established residential community and has traditionally served as a major market and service center for central Lake County. The population of the Village has more than doubled since 1960, as the Village has shared in the economic growth of the Chicago metropolitan area. An ongoing effort to restore and preserve historic Libertyville contributes to the traditional home town atmosphere in the Village.
Step back in time while you stroll along historic downtown Libertyville. Your visit along Main Street will take you to fantastic antique shops, boutiques, gift stores, gourmet food & wine shops, taverns and restaurants. When not shopping or dining, take advantage of Libertyville’s 500 acres of parkland featuring lakes, athletic fields, ice skating, flower gardens, picnic areas, and more. Additionally, the Libertyville Sports Complex offers year-round programs in athletics, dance, fitness, and camps.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the 5th largest nonprofit health care system in the United States. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across more than 500 sites of care in 27 hospitals. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our clinician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.