Explore an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic cardiothoracic surgeon to join a practice at our largest facility, Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center in Milwaukee. We are seeking a skilled surgeon to join this highly diverse and successful program.
Education, training and/or experience required:
- Completion of an accredited surgery residency program
- A fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery
- Must have skills in cardiac transplantation and Mechanical Circulatory Support as well as skills in all other areas of cardiac surgery including aortic aneurysms, endovascular, and coronary artery bypass
- Patient centered with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Large quaternary care facility; in 1968 performed the first heart transplant in the Midwest
- To-date the program has performed just under 1000 cardiac transplants and implanted 850 ventricular assist devices
- Robust ECMO program
- Established Transcatheter Valve program, one of the most experienced programs in the country
- Outstanding breadth of cases
- Collaborative team provides services in Milwaukee and other locations in the area
- Group of 9 surgeons – 6 cardiothoracic and 3 thoracic surgeons
- Experienced, respected surgeons will provide outstanding support and mentorship
- Opportunity for research along with your clinical practice
What Advocate Aurora Offers:
- An integrated, supportive, physician-led organization
- A patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid occurrence-based medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Milwaukee, Wisconsin
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums -- including an internationally designed lakefront art museum -- to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Together, we make healthy happen.
Now, as the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the nation, Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.