Advocate Aurora Health has an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic general surgeon to join the team and perform surgery at our Advocate Trinity Hospital in Chicago. You will become part of one of the largest and most respected health care systems in the nation and provide much needed care to a diverse patient population.
Training and/or experience required:
- Completion of an accredited general surgery residency program
- Broad range of skills in all areas of general surgery
- Ideal candidate will have strong desire to establish and grow this much-needed service
- Compassionate, patient centered surgeon with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative and supportive team player
- Advocate Trinity Hospital in Chicago is a 205-bed hospital on Chicago's Southeast side providing care to patients in the area for more than 120 years
- Strong need for services, excellent built-in referral base at each location
- You will work at two outpatient centers, Sykes and Beverly, and one hospital, Advocate Trinity
- General surgery group includes experienced, established partners who will share their knowledge and provide excellent mentorship
- Busy urban area; patients have easy access to the clinics and hospital
- Broad mix of cases
What Advocate Aurora Offers:
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Chicago, Illinois
The diversity of the city of Chicago continues as you move south from the business district known as the Loop. Neighborhoods are continuously evolving, while still retaining their historical foundations.
The South Loop is such a dynamic mix of attractions and histories that the neighborhood tends to be seen as many different things to many different people. Much of its eastern edge is encompassed by the Museum Campus, an impressive collection of cultural treasures that includes the Field Museum, Adler Planetarium and Shedd Aquarium. This campus sits on scenic lakefront parklands that are an extension of Grant Park. With 319 acres of green space and recreational fields, Grant Park is known as "Chicago's front yard" to locals and also plays host to major city events such as Taste of Chicago, Chicago Blues Festival and Lollapalooza.
The South Side is the largest of the three Sides of Chicago that radiate from downtown—the others being the North Side and the West Side. The city's "sides" have historically been divided by the Chicago River and its branches. The area has a rich history which began around the 1840s and continued through World War II.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the top not-for-profit health care systems in the country. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 includes 3600+ physicians and more than 1800 Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology, and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.