Advocate Health has a great opportunity for a dynamic general surgeon to join a collegial team at our Level I trauma center, Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, Illinois. The Parkside General Surgery group is part of one of the largest and most respected health care systems in the nation.
- General Surgery
- Opportunity to teach – general surgery residency program in place
- The partners at Parkside General Surgery consist of general and trauma surgeons who perform the full spectrum of cases
- You will enjoy the exceptional case mix and diverse patient population
- Level I trauma center provides state-of-the-art technology including Xi robot and hybrid OR
- Busy group, high energy and supportive environment, with outstanding outcomes and patient satisfaction
- EPIC EMR
- Good call schedule
Training and/or experience required
- Board certification/board eligible in general surgery
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- Education Assistance Program
- Pre-tax accounts for dependent care, health care and commuter benefit
- Leave-of-absence programs including: FMLA, Military Leave, Parental Leave, Personal Leave, VESSA Leave
About Park Ridge Illinois
Park Ridge is a picturesque suburb located 14 miles northwest of downtown Chicago, convenient to O'Hare Airport, major expressways, CTA and Metra trains allowing for an easy commute into the city while enjoying peaceful suburban living.
Park Ridge is a prime residential community that retains its distinctive, small-town charm where “community” is a big part of this suburban town. The City’s vibrant Uptown shopping area includes the Metra station, Public Library and several parks featuring live musical concerts and special events are held in the summer. Throughout the City, quiet tree-lined streets, pleasing architecture, excellent schools, centrally located library and ample parks help make Park Ridge one of the most desirable family communities in the Chicago area.
Unique shops and a great selection of restaurants fill the Uptown area, where new buildings blend serenely with historic ones. The Uptown Park Ridge skyline is graced with cupolas, church spires and the 100-foot tower of the Art Deco Pickwick Theatre, which is on the National Register of Historic Places.
In addition to the Uptown shopping area, Park Ridge offers other shopping and dining convenient to every neighborhood, including South Park, Village Green, the Dee Park area bordering Oakton Ave. and the Higgins Corridor bordering Chicago.
Park Ridge hosts a variety of businesses from privately owned to major corporations and is home to Lutheran General Hospital, a Level 1 trauma center, teaching hospital and part of Advocate Aurora Health, one of the largest not-for-profit health systems in the country.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the 5th largest nonprofit health care system in the United States. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across more than 500 sites of care in 27 hospitals. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our clinician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.