Enjoy an acute general surgery opportunity in beautiful Lake Country!
Advocate Aurora Health has an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic general surgeon to provide general/acute/trauma surgical care at a Level II facility in Summit, Wisconsin.
Education, training and/or experience required:
- Completion of an accredited general surgery residency program
- Fellowship training in surgical critical care is desirable but not required
- Patient centered with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Will provide acute general and trauma surgical services for a diverse patient population in one of the most beautiful areas of Wisconsin
- Total of 24 weeks per calendar year; may potentially be split into 12 hour shifts; variations in scheduling will be determined collaboratively with the group members.
- Broad range of acute surgical cases at a Level II trauma center
- Good call schedule sharing in the weekend and holiday calls
- If CC trained, can provide surgical ICU management
- Participate in trauma and general surgery meetings/committees
- Potential opportunity to provide training and mentorship of medical students and residents
What Advocate Aurora offers:
- An integrated, supportive organization
- A patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care to all patients
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid occurrence-based medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Summit Wisconsin
Tucked just 35 minutes west of Milwaukee and a short 50 minutes east of Madison the City of Oconomowoc and the Town of Summit offer all the benefits of a rural and Lake Country setting. Located along Interstate 94, it is a special community in the heart of Waukesha County’s historic Lake Country. It offers the urban amenities and provides outdoor enthusiasts a bevy of outdoor recreational activities, state parks and pristine trails. With this setting, city offerings like professional sporting events and cultural performances are easily accessible in nearby Milwaukee and Madison. It is truly a destination that is an escape from the ordinary.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.