Advocate Aurora Health has an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic general surgeon to provide care at our clinic and Level II facility in Summit, Wisconsin.
Education, training and/or experience required:
- Completion of an accredited general surgery residency program
- Broad skills in all areas of general surgery, colorectal interest/skills desired
- Patient centered with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Level II 117 bed community hospital provides the highest level of care with advanced diagnostic and treatment technologies
- This cohesive, supportive general surgery group provides care for a diverse patient population in a beautiful area of the state
- You will do the full spectrum of general surgery including use of the Xi robot
- Will also take acute care surgery call and must live within 15 minutes of the facility
- Will spend 1-2 days in the OR, remainder in clinic and/or acute surgery call
- Excellent clinic facility with exam rooms, procedure room and physician office
- Potential to provide training and mentorship of medical students and residents
What Advocate Aurora Offers:
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Summit Wisconsin
Get to know Oconomowoc and Summit, WI
Tucked just 35 minutes west of Milwaukee and a short 50 minutes east of Madison the City of Oconomowoc and the Town of Summit offer all the benefits of a rural and Lake Country setting. Located along Interstate 94, it is a special community in the heart of Waukesha County’s historic Lake Country. It offers the urban amenities and provides outdoor enthusiasts a bevy of outdoor recreational activities, state parks and pristine trails. With this setting, city offerings like professional sporting events and cultural performances are easily accessible in nearby Milwaukee and Madison. It is truly a destination that is an escape from the ordinary.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the largest not-for-profit integrated health systems in the nation. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 includes 3600+ physicians and 1800+ Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.