Advocate Aurora Health has a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic general/trauma surgeon to join an established team of three at our Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville, Illinois. Advocate Aurora is one of the largest integrated not-for-profit systems in the nation with facilities in both Illinois and Wisconsin.
Training and/or experience required:
- Completion of an accredited general surgery residency program
- Fellowship welcome but not required
- Patient centered with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Advocate Condell Medical Center is the only Level 1 hospital in Lake County offering around the clock care with a full complement of specialists available
- You will join a group of three experienced, respected and supportive partners
- Trauma/emergent surgical cases include blunt and penetrating trauma, head injuries, hernias, appendix, bowels, etc.
- Current offices are located in Libertyville, however brand new offices will be opening on the Condell Medical Center campus
- Trauma call will be one 24 hr. weekday and every 4th weekend, Friday p.m. through Sunday a.m.
- Opportunity to build a solid general surgery practice
What Advocate Aurora Offers:
- An integrated, supportive organization
- A patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care to all patients
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Libertyville, Illinois
The Village of Libertyville is located in south central Lake County, approximately 37 miles from Chicago and seven miles west of Lake Michigan. The Village is an established residential community and has traditionally served as a major market and service center for central Lake County. The population of the Village has more than doubled since 1960, as the Village has shared in the economic growth of the Chicago metropolitan area. An ongoing effort to restore and preserve historic Libertyville contributes to the traditional home town atmosphere in the Village.
Step back in time while you stroll along historic downtown Libertyville. Your visit along Main Street will take you to fantastic antique shops, boutiques, gift stores, gourmet food & wine shops, taverns and restaurants. When not shopping or dining, take advantage of Libertyville’s 500 acres of parkland featuring lakes, athletic fields, ice skating, flower gardens, picnic areas, and more. Additionally, the Libertyville Sports Complex offers year-round programs in athletics, dance, fitness, and camps.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the top not-for-profit health care systems in the country. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 includes 3600+ physicians and more than 1800 Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology, and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.