Explore a rare opportunity to work at Advocate Sherman Hospital and specialize in the surgical treatment of liver and pancreatic diseases at our Center for Advanced Liver and Pancreatic Care.
Education, training and experience required
- Completion of an accredited general surgery residency program
- A fellowship in Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary surgery
- Expertise in use of the NanoKnife for stage is required
- Patient centered with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Inherit a full practice from a retiring physician
- Clinic 2.5 days at Elgin and 1.5 days at Good Samaritan Hospital
- Sherman is a market leader for pancreatic and liver surgery and has a well established program.
- No transplants - will do all other cases including resections, whipples, biopsies, etc.
- Some general call required
About Elgin, Illinois
Elgin offers exceptional opportunities that include cultural arts, entertainment and recreation that are unmatched by surrounding suburbs. Located 38 miles northwest of Chicago and home to over 112,000 people, we are proud of our diversity and culture. The growing city has ready access to public transportation, diverse housing stock and a mix of commercial establishments. Residents and visitors enjoy a thriving cultural arts community, world-class parks, historical museums and over 100 places of worship.
Elgin has three different golf courses, dozens of parks, sports leagues, and biking trails to choose from. It also has its own zoo and museums that are open to the public. The Fox River Bike Trail offer more than 40 miles of guaranteed fun. It runs beside the scenic Fox River in Northern Illinois alongside historic railroad lines, crossing six bridges, and passing through nature preserves and charming towns.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Together, we make healthy happen.
Now, as the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the nation, Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practic t in ert of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.