Advocate Aurora Health, a nationally recognized not-for-profit health care system, has an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic minimally invasive Thoracic Surgeon to join our thoracic surgery team in the Chicago Metropolitan area. The position will be based at Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge. Lutheran General is Level I Trauma Center and academic and research hospital giving patients access to the most advanced treatments. Our busy thoracic surgery program has enjoyed substantial and continued growth in lung and foregut robotic surgery. We invite you to explore how you can make a difference in the lives of patients and help our communities live well.
Training and/or experience required
- Completion of an accredited thoracic surgery program
- Must be board certified/board eligible in thoracic surgery
- Robotic surgical skills required
- Excellent leadership skills along with a strong drive to grow a program
- Patient centered with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative, team player
- Collaborative, cohesive thoracic team in a supportive and committed organizational environment
- Treat the full spectrum of benign and malignant disease including diseases of the pleura, lungs, esophagus, mediastinum, and chest wall
- Perform a broad range of thoracic procedures including minimally invasive thoracic surgery, robotic surgery, VATS, advanced bronchoscopy, and endoscopic procedures for lungs and esophagus
- Participate in an established lung cancer screening program
- Opportunity to perform Robotic foregut surgery and utilize the LINX device and TIF procedures
- Participate in innovative research that includes clinical trials, patient-centered outcomes, and research and scholarly activities across many medical specialties
- Experienced nurses and dedicated PA’s to help support your practice
- This position offers you the opportunity to share your passion and innovation and make life changing differences as you assist in the continued growth of this already successful program
What Advocate Aurora offers
- Fully integrated, nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring equitable care for all patients
- State-of-the-art technology including four XI Robots
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes: Health, dental and life insurance, CME, Long-term and short-term disability, 401k and deferred compensation plan, paid medical liability insurance, relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Park Ridge, Illinois
Park Ridge is a picturesque suburb located 14 miles northwest of downtown Chicago, convenient to O'Hare Airport, major expressways, CTA and Metra trains allowing for an easy commute into the city while enjoying peaceful suburban living.
Park Ridge is a prime residential community that retains its distinctive, small-town charm where “community” is a big part of this suburban town. The City’s vibrant Uptown shopping area includes the Metra station, Public Library and several parks featuring live musical concerts and special events are held in the summer. Throughout the City, quiet tree-lined streets, pleasing architecture, excellent schools, centrally located library and ample parks help make Park Ridge one of the most desirable family communities in the Chicago area.
Unique shops and a great selection of restaurants fill the Uptown area, where new buildings blend serenely with historic ones. The Uptown Park Ridge skyline is graced with cupolas, church spires and the 100-foot tower of the Art Deco Pickwick Theatre, which is on the National Register of Historic Places.
In addition to the Uptown shopping area, Park Ridge offers other shopping and dining convenient to every neighborhood, including South Park, Village Green, the Dee Park area bordering Oakton Ave. and the Higgins Corridor bordering Chicago.
Park Ridge hosts a variety of businesses from privately owned to major corporations and is home to Lutheran General Hospital, a Level 1 trauma center, teaching hospital and part of Advocate Aurora Health-the 10th largest not for profit health system in the country.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the largest not-for-profit integrated health systems in the nation. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our team of over 70,000 caregivers includes 3600+ physicians and 1800+ Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.