Advocate Aurora Health has an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic trauma and acute care surgeon to join an established trauma team at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, Illinois. Advocate Aurora is one of the largest integrated systems in the nation with facilities in both Illinois and Wisconsin.
Training and/or experience required:
- Completion of an accredited general surgery residency program
- Fellowship in surgical critical care
- Patient centered with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Join a group of experienced, supportive partners at a Level 1 tertiary care facility less than 30 minutes from Chicago
- Position will be a combination of trauma surgery, critical care and general surgery
- Trauma cases include blunt trauma, head injuries, orthopedic trauma, etc., with about 10% penetrating; approximately 1500 trauma patients admitted annually
- Opportunity for additional general surgery call and/or EICU work
- Opportunity to teach residents and medical students
What Advocate Aurora offers:
- An integrated, supportive organization
- A patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care to all patients
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Park Ridge, Illinois
Park Ridge is a picturesque suburb located 14 miles northwest of downtown Chicago, convenient to O'Hare Airport, major expressways, CTA and Metra trains allowing for an easy commute into the city while enjoying peaceful suburban living.
Park Ridge is a prime residential community that retains its distinctive, small-town charm where “community” is a big part of this suburban town. The City’s vibrant Uptown shopping area includes the Metra station, Public Library and several parks featuring live musical concerts and special events are held in the summer. Throughout the City, quiet tree-lined streets, pleasing architecture, excellent schools, centrally located library and ample parks help make Park Ridge one of the most desirable family communities in the Chicago area.
Unique shops and a great selection of restaurants fill the Uptown area, where new buildings blend serenely with historic ones. The Uptown Park Ridge skyline is graced with cupolas, church spires and the 100-foot tower of the Art Deco Pickwick Theatre, which is on the National Register of Historic Places.
In addition to the Uptown shopping area, Park Ridge offers other shopping and dining convenient to every neighborhood, including South Park, Village Green, the Dee Park area bordering Oakton Ave. and the Higgins Corridor bordering Chicago.
Park Ridge hosts a variety of businesses from privately owned to major corporations and is home to Lutheran General Hospital, a Level 1 trauma center, teaching hospital and part of Advocate Aurora Health-the 10th largest not for profit health system in the country.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the largest not-for-profit integrated health systems in the nation. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our team of over 70,000 caregivers includes 3600+ physicians and 1800+ Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.