Advocate Aurora Health is seeking a dynamic trauma surgeon to join an acute care surgery group at Illinois Masonic Medical Center (IMMC), a 397-bed Level I trauma center in Chicago. This position will cover trauma and acute surgery as well as critical care. If you want to take the next step in your career and become part of one of the nation’s top integrated health systems, come and explore IMMC!
Education, training and/or experience required:
- Completion of an accredited general surgery residency program
- A 2-year acute surgery fellowship
- Training and/or experience in trauma and acute care at Level I or Level II center is desirable
- Strong leadership skills
- Patient centered, excellent communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Busy Level 1 Trauma Center provides advanced trauma care 24/7 with a team of six physicians and experienced APCs
- Broad mix of surgical trauma, 15-18% penetrating, along with acute surgery cases and surgical ICU coverage for a diverse patient population
- Will also provide coverage for ECMO patients
- Dual role with administrative component and title of Medical Student Surgery Site Coordinator
- Administrative responsibilities include providing student lectures, curriculum development and student assessment and evaluation
- Shifts will vary depending on the service
What Advocate Aurora Offers:
- An integrated, supportive organization
- A patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid occurrence-based medical liability insurance
About Chicago, Illinois
Chicago offers endless choices of where to live and each neighborhood has unique qualities and amenities. Walking tours are offered in almost every neighborhood and a stop at the Chicago History Museum provides a fascinating look into the past.
Lincoln Park is a prefect representation of urban neighborhood life. From beautiful brownstones to quiet little tree-lined streets, Lincoln Park has the market cornered on charm combined with convenience. Home to DePaul University's campus, the area is also full of a number of fun bars, restaurants, and locally owned boutiques. From students to families to young professionals, Lincoln Park attracts Chicagoans from all walks of life. It is also home to the Lincoln Park Zoo, set on 35 acres of beautiful land, just steps from Lake Michigan. The zoo was founded in 1868, making it among the oldest zoos in North America. It is also one of a few free admission zoos in the United States.
Chicago fans are still basking in the thrill of the Cubs 2016 World Series win. Wrigleyville is a lively little pocket in the Lakeview neighborhood that sits in the shadows of historic Wrigley Field, the second oldest stadium in baseball and home to the beloved Chicago Cubs. It has become a magnet for sports fans and young professionals alike. There really is nothing like a day at the ballpark!
Foodies appreciate the River North area. A stylish urban neighborhood that borders the Magnificent Mile and is just across the bridge from the Loop, River North is the go-to district for those who appreciate fine art and design. And for those who appreciate fine dining and drinks, the momentum behind the latest trendsetting openings continues to build and the late night energy swells.
Check out Chicago's scenic skyline and iconic architecture 150 feet into the sky on the new Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier, Illinois' most popular attraction. Look out at views in all directions from 1,000 feet above The Magnificent Mile, an upscale stretch of shopping along Michigan Avenue. Cruises along the Chicago River offer another great vantage point to see and learn about the rich history of Chicago architecture. Find out how Chicago rose from the ashes of the Great Chicago Fire to become the birthplace of the skyscraper and how Chicago has ties to 21st Century architecture marvels like the Burj Khalifa.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Together, we make healthy happen.
Now, as the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the nation, Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.