Advocate Aurora Health is seeking a dynamic trauma surgeon to join the team at Illinois Masonic Medical Center. This position includes coverage of trauma, critical care and emergency general surgery. If you want to take the next step in your career and become part of one of the nation’s top integrated health systems, come and explore this outstanding opportunity.
Education, training and/or experience required:
- Completion of an accredited general surgery residency program
- An acute surgery or surgical critical care fellowship
- Board certified/eligible in general surgery and surgical critical care
- Training and/or experience in trauma and acute care at a Level I or II center
- Patient centered, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative, supportive team player
- Illinois Masonic is a busy 397-bed Level I Trauma Center on Chicago’s North side and one of only 5 Level I Trauma Centers in Chicago
- State-of-the-art care in a culturally affirming, compassionate environment
- One of the state’s largest, most comprehensive nonprofit teaching hospitals
- You will provide advanced trauma care with a team of six experienced and collegial partners
- Broad mix of surgical trauma, 15-18% penetrating, along with acute surgery cases and surgical ICU coverage for a diverse patient population
- Will also provide coverage for ECMO patients
- Shifts will vary depending on the service
What Advocate Aurora Offers:
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Chicago, Illinois
Chicago offers endless choices of where to live and each neighborhood has unique qualities and amenities. Walking tours are offered in almost every neighborhood and a stop at the Chicago History Museum provides a fascinating look into the past.
Lincoln Park is a prefect representation of urban neighborhood life. From beautiful brownstones to quiet little tree-lined streets, Lincoln Park has the market cornered on charm combined with convenience. Home to DePaul University's campus, the area is also full of a number of fun bars, restaurants, and locally owned boutiques. From students to families to young professionals, Lincoln Park attracts Chicagoans from all walks of life. It is also home to the Lincoln Park Zoo, set on 35 acres of beautiful land, just steps from Lake Michigan. The zoo was founded in 1868, making it among the oldest zoos in North America. It is also one of a few free admission zoos in the United States.
Chicago fans are still basking in the thrill of the Cubs 2016 World Series win. Wrigleyville is a lively little pocket in the Lakeview neighborhood that sits in the shadows of historic Wrigley Field, the second oldest stadium in baseball and home to the beloved Chicago Cubs. It has become a magnet for sports fans and young professionals alike. There really is nothing like a day at the ballpark!
Foodies appreciate the River North area. A stylish urban neighborhood that borders the Magnificent Mile and is just across the bridge from the Loop, River North is the go-to district for those who appreciate fine art and design. And for those who appreciate fine dining and drinks, the momentum behind the latest trendsetting openings continues to build and the late night energy swells.
Check out Chicago's scenic skyline and iconic architecture 150 feet into the sky on the new Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier, Illinois' most popular attraction. Look out at views in all directions from 1,000 feet above The Magnificent Mile, an upscale stretch of shopping along Michigan Avenue. Cruises along the Chicago River offer another great vantage point to see and learn about the rich history of Chicago architecture. Find out how Chicago rose from the ashes of the Great Chicago Fire to become the birthplace of the skyscraper and how Chicago has ties to 21st Century architecture marvels like the Burj Khalifa.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the top not-for-profit health care systems in the country. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 includes 3600+ physicians and more than 1800 Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology, and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.