Advocate Medical Group, a division of the Advocate Aurora Health system is seeking a dynamic surgeon to join a seven person acute care surgery group at Advocate Christ Medical Center (ACMC), a designated Level I trauma center in Illinois. This is an outstanding opportunity to join an established team and become part of Chicago’s largest provider of care and one of the nation’s leading integrated health systems.
Education, training and/or experience required:
- Completion of an accredited general surgery residency program
- Ideal candidate will be a fellowship trained, board certified/board eligible trauma surgeon/surgical intensivist/acute care surgeon
- Must possess superior skills in the care of acutely injured and acutely ill surgical patients
- Must have the ability to function collaboratively in a team environment
- Patient centered with excellent communication skills
- Advocate Christ Medical Center is a leading community based academic medical center located just outside of Chicago. It is a major teaching affiliate of the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago.
- Busy Level I trauma center serving Chicago’s Southside, Southern Cook County, and Lake County, Indiana
- Facility sees approximately 4000 trauma patients per year with 25% penetrating trauma. Over 600 operative cases (trauma only) are expected to be performed by the trauma service this year in addition to an expanding volume of emergency general surgery cases.
- The position will involve all aspects of evaluation and clinical care of trauma patients with 4 to 5 “in house” trauma calls per month anticipated.
- Other responsibilities include emergency general surgery coverage, and critical care coverage for 15 to 20 surgical intensive care unit beds,
- Opportunity to teach medical students, surgery residents, emergency medicine residents, and pulmonary fellows. A clinical academic appointment in the Department of Surgery at the University of Illinois College of Medicine is available if desired
- Significant opportunities for clinical research.
What Advocate Aurora Offers:
- An integrated, supportive organization
- A patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid occurrence-based medical liability insurance
About Oak Lawn, Illinois
Oak Lawn, an attractive Village of nearly 56,000 residents and over 1,800 diverse businesses, has distinguished itself among Chicago’s leading southwest suburbs. Nestled in the center of Cook County, a distinctive “home town” essence flows through Oak Lawn; an unmatched quality evidenced through the community’s affable neighborhoods, dynamic business districts, well- maintained recreational areas and cultural vivacity.
The resources accessed within Oak Lawn are truly second-to-none. Exceptional educational opportunities are profound, as residents have a choice among a number of public and private school options and several higher education and continuing education institutions. Compassionate and quality healthcare is readily available through various established practices, along with the presence of Advocate Christ Medical Center and Advocate Children’s Hospital.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Together, we make healthy happen.
Now, as the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health system in the nation, Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.