Advocate Aurora Health has a fantastic opportunity for anesthesiologists to come practice at a Level II community hospital in Chicago's northwest suburbs. Advocate Sherman Hospital in Elgin Illinois has provided care to the community for over 134 years. You will be part of a team of dynamic clinicians dedicated to our patients and focused on exceptional outcomes.
Education, training and experience required:
- Completion of an anesthesiology residency from an accredited program
- Broad skill set in all areas of general anesthesia
- Compassionate and patient focused, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Advocate Sherman Hospital is a 255-bed Level II acute care community hospital providing care to Chicago's northwest suburbs
- Diverse patient population and excellent case mix that includes robust OB service, general and vascular surgery, ortho, ENT, GYN, plastics, trauma, etc.
- Care team model providing medical direction to CRNAs with opportunity to do some of your own cases
- The hospital performs more than 13,000 surgeries each year with over 2,300 deliveries
What Advocate Aurora offers:
- Integrated, supportive, physician-led organization
- Patient-centered environment focused on providing quality health care
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Elgin, Illinois
Elgin offers exceptional opportunities that include cultural arts, entertainment and recreation that are unmatched by surrounding suburbs. Located 38 miles northwest of Chicago and home to over 112,000 people, we are proud of our diversity and culture. The growing city has ready access to public transportation, diverse housing stock and a mix of commercial establishments. Residents and visitors enjoy a thriving cultural arts community, world-class parks, historical museums and over 100 places of worship.
Elgin has three different golf courses, dozens of parks, sports leagues, and biking trails to choose from. It also has its own zoo and museums that are open to the public. The Fox River Bike Trail offer more than 40 miles of guaranteed fun. It runs beside the scenic Fox River in Northern Illinois alongside historic railroad lines, crossing six bridges, and passing through nature preserves and charming towns.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the largest not-for-profit integrated health systems in the nation. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois. Our diverse team of over 70,000 includes 3,600+ physicians and 1,800+ Advanced Practice Clinicians. With a commitment to an autonomous practice environment, our patients and their families are at the heart of everything we do. Advocate Aurora Health continuously strives to be a leader in the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.