The Advocate Memory Center is located at Lutheran General Hospital-a level 1 trauma center, teaching hospital and comprehensive stroke center in Park Ridge, IL (a suburb of Chicago and conveniently located near O’Hare airport).
The Memory Center is well respected as a clinical, educational and research center for dementia care throughout Chicagoland and has grown to a team of 20 since its inception in 2014. Led by Darren Gitelman, MD, the Memory Center is supported by research and clinical staff including a dedicated Neuropsychologist and Social worker.
- Our goal is to provide the highest-quality, patient-centered care to diagnose the cause of memory loss, develop a plan of care and offer support to our patients and their care partners.
- Our sophisticated, multi-disciplinary approach focuses on the whole person to diagnose and treat memory loss diseases and conditions such as Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia.
We welcome candidates who are:
- Dedicated to caring for patients with Alzheimer’s and other dementias, and supporting their care partners
- Committed to working in a team with a multidisciplinary approach to care
- Willing to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Passionate about teaching and educating families, colleagues, and staff across the system
- Interested in the clinical, educational and research aspects of the field
- Board Certification in Neurology and fellowship training in Behavioral Neurology
- Excellent communication skills and desire to work with a team of caregivers
- Patient and family focused
Advocate Aurora Health is a leading not-for-profit healthcare system serving 3 million patients, across 400 miles in 27 hospitals and over 500 sites of care in metropolitan Chicago and eastern Wisconsin.
- An integrated, supportive and resource rich organization
- State-of-the-art technology
- Competitive compensation & comprehensive benefits package
- Paid occurrence-based medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
- Ability to sponsor H1B Visa as cap-exempt employer
About Park Ridge, IL
Park Ridge is a picturesque suburb located 14 miles northwest of downtown Chicago, convenient to O'Hare Airport, major expressways, CTA and Metra trains allowing for an easy commute into the city while enjoying peaceful suburban living.
Park Ridge is a prime residential community that retains its distinctive, small-town charm where “community” is a big part of this suburban town. The city’s vibrant Uptown shopping area includes the Metra station, Public Library and several parks featuring live musical concerts and special events are held in the summer. Throughout the city, quiet tree-lined streets, pleasing architecture, excellent schools, centrally located library and ample parks help make Park Ridge one of the most desirable family communities in the Chicago area.
Park Ridge hosts a variety of businesses from privately owned to major corporations and is home to Lutheran General Hospital, a Level 1 trauma center, teaching hospital and part of Advocate Aurora Health.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.