Join one of the nation’s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. Advocate Health is seeking a Neurologist with a 2 year fellowship in Epilepsy to serve its patients at Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, Illinois.
Recruitment will support growth of our new system-wide Epilepsy program and 6 bed EMU to be based out of Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, IL-a desirable suburb of Chicago, IL. Our Epilepsy program will be supported by a patient base established through referrals from our system of extensive clinics and 5 level 1 trauma centers. Our neuroscience service line, which includes a network of subspecialists managing even the most complex conditions, is also supported by a large Neuro Critical Care team and skilled Neurosurgery service line. This is a great opportunity for a collegial candidate with a passion for Epilepsy and management of complex patients, and with an interest in helping build a program.
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital is a 600+ bed non-profit, Level 1 trauma center, teaching hospital and comprehensive stroke center. It is a leading provider in Chicago’s North and Northwest suburbs with over 1500 physicians in 109 specialties.
- Full time position-join 3 existing Epileptologists
- Will include combination of Inpatient & Outpatient services with IOM anticipated
- Call 1:4+
- Established and robust referral relationships will support a full unit
- Collegial and collaborative group
- Enjoy strong clinical, operational, and administrative support
- EPIC EMR
Training and/or experience required
- Preferably 1-2 years experience working in an Epilepsy program with an EMU
- Board certification/board eligible from an ACGME accredited program in Neurology
- Fellowship training from a 2 year ACGME accredited program
- Training and experience ready of continuous EEG
- Current Fellows are welcome to apply
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- Education Assistance Program
- Pre-tax accounts for dependent care, health care and commuter benefit
- Leave-of-absence programs including: FMLA, Military Leave, Parental Leave, Personal Leave, VESSA Leave
- H1B support as cap exempt employer
About Park Ridge, Illinois
Park Ridge is a picturesque suburb located 14 miles northwest of downtown Chicago, convenient to O'Hare Airport, major expressways, CTA and Metra trains allowing for an easy commute into the city while enjoying peaceful suburban living.
Park Ridge is a prime residential community that retains its distinctive, small-town charm where “community” is a big part of this suburban town. The city’s vibrant Uptown shopping area includes the Metra station, Public Library and several parks featuring live musical concerts and special events are held in the summer. Throughout the city, quiet tree-lined streets, pleasing architecture, excellent schools, centrally located library and ample parks help make Park Ridge one of the most desirable family communities in the Chicago area.
Unique shops and a great selection of restaurants fill the Uptown area, where new buildings blend serenely with historic ones. The Uptown Park Ridge skyline is graced with cupolas, church spires and the 100-foot tower of the Art Deco Pickwick Theatre, which is on the National Register of Historic Places.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the 5th largest nonprofit health care system in the United States. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across more than 500 sites of care in 27 hospitals. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our clinician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.