Join one of the nation’s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. Advocate Health is seeking an Advanced Heart Failure Cardiologist to serve as the 'Medical Director' for Heart Failure Programs at Aurora Medical Center inGrafton, Wisconsin. This growing practice includes 7 full-time cardiologists serving a 132-bed hospital and a fully staffed heart failure clinic that serves patients with heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, remote hemodynamic monitoring and cardio-oncology needs. The practice is affiliated with Aurora St Luke's Medical Center for surgical advanced heart failure interventions (heart transplants, mechanical circulatory assist devices, advanced HF research).
This medical center offers comprehensive heart care including complex cardiac surgery, a dedicated electrophysiology lab to treat cardiac arrhythmias, a 24/7 state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization lab with options for advanced percutaneous interventions, a growing structural heart program and cardiac & pulmonary rehabilitation programs.
- Full-time practice opportunity with immense growth
- 0.9 FTE clinical and 0.1 FTE medical directorship
- Practice opportunity includes responsibility for growing the various HF programs and multi-disciplinary partnerships
- Participating with general cardiology for calls/coverage (cardiology call 1:4-1:5)
- Staffing Echo and Stress lab (including cardiopulmonary stress tests), along with general cardiology
- Full-time dedicated Heart Failure Advanced Practice Clinician/Nurse Practitioner for inpatient and outpatient assistance, in addition to two Registered Nurses
- Fully functional cardiac catheterization lab with the opportunity to perform diagnostic coronary angiograms, invasive hemodynamic assessments, PA pressure sensor implants, urgent temporary MCS devices and myocardial biopsies
- EPIC EMR
Training and/or experience required
- Board certification/board eligibility in cardiovascular disease and advanced heart failure and transplant
- 2024 graduates are encouraged to apply
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization with physician-led medical group and embedded service line
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Health, dental, vision, life and paid medical liability insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 3% employer match, in addition to a 3% company contribution for a total employer contribution of up to 6%
- Parental leave, adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Grafton, Wisconsin
Just north of Milwaukee, Grafton offers a personal and economic quality of life that draws people and businesses alike to this crossroads community of well-kept homes, tree lined streets and small town warmth.
The community has a New England feel offering a diverse array of stores, shops, restaurants and industrial enterprises along with a variety of recreational activities for the young and the young at heart. Whether it’s canoeing on the Milwaukee River, biking, golfing, heading to Lake Michigan or shopping, residents and visitors are sure to find something to do.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the 5th largest nonprofit health care system in the United States. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across more than 500 sites of care in 27 hospitals. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our physician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.