We are seeking a Full Time Pediatric Hospitalist to join our PHM Division in the suburbs of Chicago in our unique community hospitalist track.
Advocate Children's Hospital (ACH), part of the AdvocateAurora Health Care System, is the largest network provider of pediatric services in Illinois and among the top 10 in the nation. We serve as a leader in comprehensive, dedicated care for our patients and are ranked in U.S. News & World Report among the nation’s Best Children's Hospitals in the areas of cardiology and heart surgery and neonatology.
Hospitals with current needs:
- Advocate Sherman Hospital - Elgin, IL
- Advocate Condell Medical Center - Libertyville, IL
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital - Barrington, IL
- Community sites: Sherman, Condell, Good Shepherd – staffed as 24-hour shifts with responsibilities include:
- Coverage of unassigned healthy newborns in Level 1 nursery
- Coverage of Level 2 nursery with neonatology on consult
- Newborn readmission for phototherapy or feeding difficulty into the nursery
- Attendance of high-risk deliveries with neonatology backup (delivery clinical competency and skill training provided)
- ED consultations for pediatric patients as needed
- Co-manage low volume adolescent post-surgical procedure patients (appendectomy, minor orthopedic surgery, tonsillectomy) with no comorbidities
- At Advocate Good Shepherd – provide telehealth consultation for other Advocate Emergency Departments without PHM faculty on site
- At Advocate Condell and Good Shepherd – supervise and educate MS-3 student from Rosalind Franklin University / Chicago Medical School on their core pediatric clerkship rotation
This position offers a great work/life balance with unique variety of shifts, competitive compensation, no restrictive covenant, full benefits, CME, and malpractice & tail coverage. Moonlighting opportunities within the division frequently exist as well. Individual schedules done by central scheduler for all sites on a quarterly basis; allowing for enhanced scheduling flexibility.
Once a member of our division, opportunities to be involved clinically or administratively (QI projects, Quality + Safety initiatives, pathway development, student/resident/PHM fellow education, etc.) are available through Advocate Christ Medical Center (ACH-OL) and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital (ACH-PR).
About Elgin, Illinois
Elgin offers exceptional opportunities that include cultural arts, entertainment and recreation that are unmatched by surrounding suburbs. Located 38 miles northwest of Chicago and home to over 112,000 people, we are proud of our diversity and culture. The growing city has ready access to public transportation, diverse housing stock and a mix of commercial establishments. Residents and visitors enjoy a thriving cultural arts community, world-class parks, historical museums and over 100 places of worship.
About Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health’s combined strength and stability drives us forward. Our integrated delivery model allows our clinicians to offer state-of-the-art, top tier quality care throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern and central Illinois.
Our supportive staff and leadership are committed to an autonomous practice environment and continuously strive to be on the forefront of managing the changing healthcare landscape, advances in technology and innovative approaches to providing impeccable outcomes for our patients.
Whether you’re looking to practice in the heart of a dynamic city such as Chicago or Milwaukee, a multi-specialty clinic in the suburbs, or a charming small town, Advocate Aurora Health has an opportunity for you.
Working at Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs.
By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.