The Anesthesiology Division at Advocate Health is seeking an Obstetric Anesthesiologist to join our team in Milwaukee. You will become part of an excellent team of clinicians focused on providing compassionate and exceptional patient care as we welcome new lives into our community.
- Clinical care will be provided at the Aurora Sinai Medical Center, a 386-bed Level II trauma center providing state-of-the-art services with a strong focus on supporting our community's diverse population and serving the underserved and those with limited health care access
- Sinai houses Wisconsin's largest midwifery practice, specialized high risk pregnancy care, and has the only Level III neonatal intensive care unit in downtown Milwaukee
- Approximately 2200 deliveries annually, many of which are high risk
- Strong perioperative team and excellent staff
- Collaborative model working with experienced and dedicated CRNAs
- Responsibilities include 55 24-hour shifts/year, equating to a .6 FTE with opportunity to pick up OR shifts if desired
- Part-time benefit eligible position
- Completion of an accredited anesthesiology residency program
- Completion of an accredited obstetric anesthesiology fellowship program
- Patient centered with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Compassionate, collaborative team player
What Advocate Health offers:
- Integrated nationally recognized organization with physician-led medical group and embedded service line
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Health, dental, vision, life and paid medical liability insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 3% employer match, in addition to a 3% company contribution for a total employer contribution of up to 6%
- Parental leave, adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- CME allowance
- Generous student loan forgiveness
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
Get to know Milwaukee, WI
Wisconsin’s largest city
Wisconsin’s largest city, urban-easy Milwaukee is a great city on a Great Lake! While still celebrating our beer brewing heritage, the city now has a powerhouse arts scene, big-city attractions, revitalized historic districts, numerous James Beard-nominated chefs and a vibrant farm-to-table culinary scene.
This combination of time-honored tradition and modern attitude is reflected in the architecture and in a variety of walk-around, character-filled neighborhoods. Known as the “City of Festivals,” Milwaukee is home to thirty summer festivals, including Summerfest, the world’s largest music festival which spans 11 days, 11 stages and routinely welcomes more than 800,000 music fans to town. Explore one-of-a-kind attractions like the Milwaukee Art Museum, Miller Park, the world’s only Harley-Davidson Museum and Potawatomi Hotel & Casino and experience a rich brewing heritage on brewery tours offered by MillerCoors and local microbreweries like Lakefront Brewery, Milwaukee Brewing Company and Sprecher.
Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette University and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the third-largest nonprofit integrated health system in the United States. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina and Wisconsin. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care, with Wake Forest University School of Medicine serving as the academic core of the enterprise. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across 27 hospitals and more than 500 sites of care. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our physician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.