Join one of the nation’s largest, more respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. With supportive clinician leadership focused on Advocate Health as a Best Place to Care, we offer specialty specific councils, a physician-led compensation department, and strong business systems in place to promote work-life balance and reduce any barriers related to delivery of patient care.
Advocate Health is seeking Ophthalmologists to join our physician-led medical group and serve its patients and communities in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The Ophthalmologist will provide eye care for all conditions of the eye as well as surrounding structures, both routine and urgent, including medical and surgical diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the eye.
- Full-time practice opportunity where you will be immediately busy
- Robust and established practice with 2 Ophthalmologists and 6 Optometrists
- General Ophthalmology with opportunity to explore your own area of clinical interest
- Compensation Package
- 2-Year Salary Guarantee with ability to earn more
- $30k Sign-on
- Employed model with physician-led medical group
- Flexible Schedule
- Surgery performed at the Aurora Germantown Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Clinic fully staffed with 3 eye lanes per Physician
- Excellent referral network in place
- State-of-the-art Vision Center with nearby surgery centers to serve a rapidly growing market
- Established Mentorship Program to support practice building and professional goals
- Opportunity to work with an under-served population
Training and/or experience required
- Completion of an accredited Ophthalmology residency program
- Fellowship training welcome
- Board Certification/board eligibility in Ophthalmology
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization with physician-led medical group and embedded service line
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Health, dental, vision, life and paid medical liability insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 3% employer match, in addition to a 3% company contribution for a total employer contribution of up to 6%
- Parental leave, adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- May qualify for state and/or federal education loan forgiveness programs
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
About Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Wisconsin’s largest City
With a country-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters, and museums- including an internationally recognized lakefront art museum-to one of the nation’s top 10 zoos. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable, and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including UW-Milwaukee and Marquette Universities, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the third-largest nonprofit integrated health system in the United States. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Wisconsin. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care, with Wake Forest University School of Medicine serving as the academic core of the enterprise. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across 27 hospitals and more than 500 sites of care. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our physician-led medical group.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.